Pages Read: 767 + 354 = 1,121
Books Completed: 3/7
- Let a coin toss decide your first book. Complete!
- Read a book while wearing a hat the entire time. Complete!
- Read a book with green on the cover. Complete!
- Read a book about something you want to do.
- Read a book with a beautiful spine. Complete!
- Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation. Complete!
- Read seven books
Notes: The Hogfather by Terry Pratchett was pretty easy to read. It actually took me less time then Heidi and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I’ll write a review for it soon. However, it did not attribute to the completion of any specific challenge. In fact, I didn’t realize that I have only two more challenges to complete: Read a book about something you want to do and Read seven books (the latter will be the biggest challenge).
Tomorrow I will start on my fourth book…I think I’ll go with Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson. That is another classic that I’m amazed I haven’t read until now, despite being a massive fan of Muppets’ Treasure Island. While we’re on the topic, am I the only one who loved that Muppets’ movie when I was a child? I probably am…
Anyway, since Treasure Island is a pretty short book, I’m hoping to start The Problem with Pain by C.S. Lewis tomorrow as well which, despite being my shortest book, will probably be my most challenging to read because it’s philosophy and philosophy is always a challenge to read quickly. Until tomorrow, then!