For those who follow Booktube at all (a.k.a., Youtube for books), there are these challenges thrown twice a year where the challenge is to read 7 books in 7 days (as well as some extra challenges). It is hosted by Ariel Bissett and I did the one last winter. So, when she announced a new one from July 30 to Aug. 5, I was like, “I’m shooting myself in the foot trying to do Camp NaNoWriMo and this reading challenge.”
But I like living on the dangerous side, so I wanted to share with you guys the challenge and the books I’ve chosen. I will also be giving daily updates on my progress for the seven days and hopefully doing reviews for each of the seven books I read. Here goes nothing…
Dates: July 30 to August 5
- Let a coin toss decide your first book.
- Read a book while wearing a hat the entire time.
- Read a book with green on the cover.
- Read a book about something you want to do.
- Read a book with a beautiful spine.
- Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.
- Read seven books
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri (the book with green on the cover)
- Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson (the book about something you want to do—I want to find treasure…or be pirate, take your pick)
- The Hogfather by Terry Pratchet (the book-to-movie adaptation)
- The Cry of Icemark by Stuart Hill (book with a beautiful spine…I don’t have a picture of it, just trust me about the spine…also, the book which won the coin toss, so it’s my first also, also, I’m borrowing this book from my sister, so thanks, sister!)
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty
- The Problem with Pain by C. S. Lewis
- Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques (this one I’m also borrowing from my sister, who reads a lot more fantasy than I do)
So those are my seven books. Most of them are either rather short or for younger readers, just to make it pretty easy on myself. Last time I did this challenge, I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett and because of its length it took me 3 out of the seven days. Luckily, all the other books were short so I was able to complete it, but this month I’m busier so I wanted to make it moderately easy on myself.
I still haven’t decided what book I’m reading while wearing a hat, but this challenge could fit for all the books, so I’m not really worried.
The challenge begins in one week and I’d love to know if you guys are going to do it and what books you’re going to do. The only other blogger I know who is participating is Supernova Writes, so I’d love to know if anyone else is doing it too. Let me know your thoughts down in the comments, follow my blog for more madness and, as always,
Best wishes in your life full of adventure,