It is so important to give kids a love of books from a young age, indoctrinating them into the cult of literature. But personally, I have always thought the children’s books should serve multiple purposes. Of course they should be fun. However, children’s books, in my opinion, should also have a level of informative value to them. Not only are books enjoyable, but they set life to a child’s imagination (something which is sadly being forgotten about in so many school). The best children series are those which teach children about things they have no knowledge of, whether those are morals or history/culture.
So, here are my favorite children series that I read as a child or discovered as I aged which I believe every child should have a chance to read.
9. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
8. Little House by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7.An American Girl by Multiple
6. Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
5. Goosebumps by R. L. Stine
4. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
3. Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene/The Hardy Boys by Franklin W. Dixon
2. Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne
1.The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
What are some of your favorite children series? On another note, which kid’s series do you think are horrible or over-hyped. Let me know down in the comments and, as always,
Best wishes on your life full of adventure,